Saturday, February 18, 2012

Commentaries on Mark's Gospel

I'm reading books w/ commentaries on the Gospel according to Mark.  One I find especially exciting is Marie Noonan Sabin's commentary of The Gospel According To Mark, which is part of the New Collegeville Bible Commentary series.  I'm just into the introductory section, but I'm already digging into the Scripture more.  I love learning more of God, especially through the stories and accounts He Himself has given us through inspired Word.  Thanks be to God!  Praise be to Jesus!

I just finished the intro.  SO excited!  I especially value Rabin's remarks re Mark's relating the New to the Old Testament, his use of keywords, and his over-all design using patterns of two's and three's.  How Rabin does/ n't use capitals is explained but is not completely clear to me.  I hope as I read and make my own lists comparing what other translations capitalize and she doesn't, or vice a versa, along w/ what I would like to capitalize and why, maybe what's being high-lighted or not will help make the text clearer and richer for me.  We'll see.  But I'm so excited to dig in!  Here we go! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment