Tuesday, February 21, 2012

I Was Found Of Thee

In Sabin's "The Gospel According To Mark" (New Collegeville Bible Commentary), she notes that in Jesus' day, it wasn't customary for teachers to seek out their disciples; normally, teachers attracted disciples.  She furthers compares Jesus to "Wisdom" who "calls those who are in need of her -- 'the simple ones' (Proverbs 1:22)"

How exciting and wondrous it must have been to be sought out by Jesus.  I can imagine how thoroughly compelling His call would have been.

And as I write that, I realize I do know how exciting and wondrous it is to be sought out by Jesus!  My Lord is truly compelling!  (Praise You, Jesus-Christ!)

My all-time favorite hymn describes this experience of being sought by the Lord Who Is Love:


I Sought The Lord

No comments:

Post a Comment