Thursday, October 3, 2013

Being Transformed

Reading USCCA, Chapter Four: "Bring About the Obedience of Faith"

The questions "for discussion" listed in this chapter are huge!

Challenges in "applying" my faith:
I feel it is important for me to "live it first."  It is so hard to speak about something unless I am living it.  I know Christ teaches us w/ authority through His Word (the Bible), but my witness to His Truth isn't respected by those "of the world" unless I've lived and am living whatever it is I say.

The help I expect from The Church is at least 3-fold:
1) Teach and form me in the Truth of Jesus Christ.
2) Lovingly and mercifully correct me when I go astray.
3) Show me by example how to be like Christ.

My parents are my best models of faithful discipleship to Christ.  Next would be many persons recounted in Scripture.  Next would be anyone who has suffered greatly yet perseveres in trusting God and sharing His Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment