Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Longing for the Lord

Responding to USCCA, chapter 7: The Good News: God Has Sent His Son, For-Discussion Questions

The questions as written don't excite me!  "Why is it important to appreciate the truth that...", "what is the value...in appreciating...", and all such language is so oriented to analysis, words, thoughts ABOUT the Lord, and all with an emphasis on Revelation ABOUT God's PLAN for our salvation.  While everything the questions here infer is correct, they don't point to or evoke from me the call from Jesus Christ to become alive IN Him.

I would rather ask:
How have I experienced Jesus as my Savior and Lord?
How does my life show I have died to self and live in Him?
How have I experienced Christ's divinity and His humanity?
How would my life be different without Christ?
How does unity with God through life in Christ lead me to love all people?
How am I currently challenged to allow Christ to be more completely my Lord?

I need to write my biography!  To answer these questions with the fullness that delights me (because in so doing I celebrate God's grace to me), I would have to write many pages.  Someday I hope to do that.

For now:
My soul longs for Thee, my Lord; please grant me the grace to long for Thee ever more and forever more.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment